Regional Work Visa Extension:
Does the work at Labour Solutions count for my visa?
How long do I have to work to get it?
88 days. The government requires that we only count the actual number of days that you work. For example, if you take a sick day or a holiday, it does not count towards your visa. Also, if there is no work for you, this cannot be included in your number of days worked.
Do weekends count for visa?
No, they do not. Unless you actually work that day.
Do I have to work a minimum number of hours each day?
For the purposes of your Visa there is no minimum number of hours.
Labour Solutions Requirements to Work:
How do I register for work at Labour Solutions?
- Dependng on the season the contracts vary from 2- 3 months.
- A valid working holiday visa.
- Currently living in Margaret River.
- Please visit our office in Margaret River where we will conduct a short interview with you to assess your viability for work.
Do I need a car?
No. But it is preferable.
Can I register for a job over the phone?
No. Unfortunately you cannot register over the phone.
Seasonal Work Dates
Please note these are approximate dates. Mid-season applications are welcome. We have work almost all year round. Below are our busiest periods for work.
- Harvest: Early to mid February – mid to late April.
- Pruning: Mid June – early September
- Canopy Management: September – December